The guidelines below are for the benefit and protection of anyone handling PTA funds as well as the PTA and should be followed to the best of one’s ability.
All requests for reimbursements should:
- be made using the Check Request form
- be submitted to Treasurer within 30 days of event
- include a copy of all receipts
- not include sales tax
Chairperson should keep tabs on spending by committee so that all requests for an event do not go over budget. Treasurer can only reimburse up to the budgeted amount. If the budget is too low, then it must be officially amended by the general PTA.
The Executive Board determined that 30 days was a reasonable amount of time to turn in receipts following an event. After 30 days you will not be reimbursed.
Checks will be processed within two weeks of receipt by Treasurer.
An expense can only be reimbursed if there is a receipt attached, so it is suggested that you copy your receipt and attach the copy to the request. In the event a request is lost, then you are still able to resubmit because you have the original.
We do not reimburse for sales tax with the exception of Sam’s Wholesale Club and Costco.
Keep a copy of the Tax Exempt Form with you to avoid paying tax on items for the PTA. If you forget to bring it with you and pay tax, you will not be reimbursed for the tax.
All deposits should:
- be made using the Deposit form
- be counted twice before given to Treasurer
- include phone numbers and driver’s license numbers on all checks submitted
- be given to treasurer the same day the funds are collected
Only PTA members may handle PTA funds, so please find any PTA member to recount your deposit. Kramer teachers and staff may not count funds.
Allow time for a third count by Treasurer when you are ready to turn in your deposit.
Copies of all checks must be made, so please do so if you are able.
There is a $25 fee for all returned checks. This should be clearly advertised for all events/fundraisers in which checks are accepted as a form of payment.
In the event a check is returned due to lack of funds, the following steps will be taken:
- Contact by phone and attempt to collect amount due + $25 fee (cash or money order).
- Mail collection letter (certified – return receipt requested).
- Complete an Affidavit of Issuance of Bad Check and turn over to the JP if cash or money order not received within 10 days of receipt.
Please turn in deposits the same day you collect the money. Treasurer’s goal is to deposit funds into bank same day as received. Treasurer will work to accommodate your schedule.
Committee Chairs collecting money for event/fundraiser should also use an Event/Fundraiser report and turn this in to Treasurer at the end of event/fundraiser.
If you have any questions or comments, please direct to the PTA Treasurer.